top of page


Who should treat my periodontal disease: my general dentist or a periodontist?

Peterborough Periodontists, Gum Specialist,

Instead of leaving your treatment to one dental professional, you should consider having both your general dentist and a periodontist be actively involved in the diagnosis and treatment of your periodontal disease. This team approach will help your general dentist (who is familiar with your dental and medical history) and your periodontist (who has extensive experience treating periodontal disease) collaborate to tailor a treatment plan that works best for your individual case.

For more periodontal question and answers visit the AAD website or call one of our periodontal professionals.

Braganza Periodontics – Peterborough Gum Specialist


bottom of page